Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Show must go on! Picking Palin play to appear off-Broadway.

Courtesy of Playbill:

Picking Palin, which concerns "the story of how and why a certain first-term, little-known governor from Alaska became the 2008 Republican Vice Presidential candidate," will make its world premiere as part of the 14th annual New York International Fringe Festival.

Picking Palin, according to press notes, is described as such: "As the Democratic National Convention plays on television, four top Republican strategists meet in a hotel room to decide who will accompany John McCain on the 2008 Republican Presidential ticket. The battle over Sarah Palin as a Vice Presidential candidate soon became a battle for the soul of the Republican party, not just in that hotel room, but also in newspapers, blogs and magazines all across the country. Picking Palin depicts the very real battle that raged, and continues to rage, over the past, present and future of the Republican Party, in particular, and of American Conservatism, in general."

You know this could be VERY entertaining.  I think if I were in New York I would absolutely make it a priority to see this play.

Hey if any of you guys are in the New York area, and happen to catch a show, would you be willing to send a brief review?  I would happily post it if you would.

Oh, and don't forget to bring a pillow to sit on.

I understand that those off-Broadway theater seats can get awfully uncomfortable sometimes.

(Image taken from this video filmed in April of 2008.)

23 comments:

  1. I'll ask my 2 adult daughters to see it. One of my daughters is choreograghing a musical for the festival. I'll tell the it is their "civic duty" to do this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:41 AM

    I will definitely send you every review I find. I'm way excited. The fringe fest is HUGE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjay in E MT8:43 AM

    Wow- I would love to see that, perhaps the producer can video tape a performance for all us Non-New Yorkers!!!

    It would be a classic, and probably hysterically funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginny from IN9:02 AM

    Is that a square pillow?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:16 AM

    This is technically "Off-off" Broadway in the Fringe Festival...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:43 AM

    It's not a just a square pillow. It's a "Precious Gift from God" square pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:44 AM

    It could do a lot of damage to Palin if it's done properly and makes jest of her faked pregnancy. It won't though because it will have little exposure. Also, nobody with enough intelligence to make sure it receives the exposure to make it worthwhile.

    Then on the other hand, it could make the front page of Huffpost for a few days and at least reach the faithful on the left?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:05 AM

    That is so much a pillow. Babies don't be puffy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:42 AM

    I'd be happy to go and report back. Love the fringe fest...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first time I noticed the belly-smacking sound. It sure looks like Sarah has a square pillow stuffed under her dress but I can't figure out how she'd get that sound from a pillow. Perplexed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. laprofesora10:45 AM

    Maybe she'll show up for the premiere. I'd love to see her go to NYC and spew her negative garbage about the mosque in Lower Manhattan. Nah, no guts. I think I'll call her that, "No Guts Paylin, Chickenshit from AK, Spewing Hate from Behind the Safety of Facebook."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:09 AM

    I hope it's a musical. Just imagining the songs is making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:30 AM

    Picking Palin

    AKA

    Naming of the Shrew

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Jay Leno last night:

    ¨Was Kate Gosselin McCainÅ› second choice?¨

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:59 AM

    I wonder if one of "the four" strategists represents Steve "The Bullet" Schmidt? I think he was giving her a big thumbs up before he actually had to work with her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:02 PM

    She'll probably take it as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:10 PM

    I live in NY, work in Manhattan and would LOVE to see this! Plus i've never even heard of the Fringe Fest so thanks for the introduction to what sounds like fun. If i go, i'll do my best to hand in a review.
    -ayerishgrl

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to see it! Probably rank right up there with a wonderful little off-off musical I saw in '06... "Bush is Bad." The CD from that show is as good as being there - without the hard little chairs crowded into the sorta over-warm room! Have to tell my Manhattanite daughter to be sure to catch it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous1:59 PM

    Google the show. They have website. Sounds legit and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous2:15 PM

    I presume it will be advertised as a comedy.
    Elaine in BC Canada

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great find Gryph!
    Well, isn't that something? I'd like to see how McCain Googled for a VP emphasised as a desperate more a politican can ever make. And I hope the play includes how she became known as the world's 'whackjob' after the McCain camp realized their grave error in method and judgement. It's nice that Palin's claim to fame has made it to 'off-off broadway'. That's a start!! If we can't Educate them- Let us Entertain them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous5:16 PM

    I'm a fisherwoman and that's OK!

    I wish Monte Python would take this on.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bought tickets for the first performance. Will review, my pleasure. Noticed Immoral Minority under "Press Mentions" right under Playbill. Be proud, Gryphen!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.